2nd Chance Project
We use the power of sport to repair broken lives and build a stronger future for young people.
We achieve this by:
- Leading on the use of sport for the desistance from crime – we convene key stakeholders to support the delivery of best practice, policy and strategy. We also provide a global platform to share learning and celebrate success.
- Creating chances – we train a huge workforce of coaches, mentors and thought leaders who use the power of sport to deliver positive experiences to more people in need of a second chance and build a stronger future for young people.
Breaking the damaging cycle of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) is at the core of everything we do.
By using the power of sport to deliver positive experiences to people most in need of a second chance, we can reduce offending and support England and Wales to have the lowest prison population in Western Europe.
All our objectives are delivered through a range of innovative programmes.
We are incredibly passionate about achieving our vision, but the way we achieve it is more important to us. These values represent our culture and guide our decision-making process:
- Integrity: ‘The right thing, the right way’
- Courage:‘Be the change you want to see’
- Inspiration: ‘Our ambition is to inspire’
- Quality: ‘Don’t be good, be great’
- Success: ’We succeed when you do’