Just wanted to remind everyone about Future Bright and how we can support individuals. We are also looking to engage with employers who are keen to invest in their staff with no extra cost to them.
Future Bright is run by the West of England Combined Authority working with Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire councils and is helping residents who are in paid work and receiving benefits to top up their income, into secure, more meaningful and better-paid careers.
Career progression coaches work with eligible individuals to help them identify progression routes to help them progress from their current situation, they will provide tailored personal and professional advice.
How Future Bright is already making a real difference to people’s lives, boosting their skills and improving their career prospects:
- “The help I have been given has been unbelievable – honest and positive. My coach has given me the courage to push myself. I’m feeling so much more hopeful about my future and can’t thank Future Bright enough.” – Angela Madison, Bath and North East Somerset
- “Future Bright has made me feel more confident that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to do. I have started a new job and I feel encouraged to go ahead and look into further education. I discovered that there’s a whole new world of opportunity out there for me. My advice for other people would be to just do it. You will have nothing to lose and everything to gain. My career progression coach has been wonderful and encouraging me every step of the way, and even though I have started a job I know I can contact her if I have any questions or ideas. It’s like having a cheerleader in your corner willing you on every step of the way.” – Edith Taylor, Bristol
To find out more about Future Bright and how it could help you, visit www.futurebright.org.uk or email your local council:
To be eligible for Future Bright, participants need to be:
- In paid work – including part time, full time, zero hours and self-employed;
- Living in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol or South Gloucestershire;
- Aged 19 and over; and
- On JSA, ESA, Universal Credit and receiving one of more of the following in-work beneﬁts: Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Housing Beneﬁt or Council Tax Reduction.