Take on #ActiveAdvent and feel GOOD this December!
#ActiveAdvent is a brand new challenge from Travelwest helping you keep active this December. Being active has so many health benefits. The UK Chief Medical Officers’ recently stated: “If physical activity were a drug, we would refer to it as a miracle cure, due to the great many illnesses it can prevent.”
December can be a stressful time; extra pressures and shorter days make it easy to slip into bad habits. Have you found yourself: not leaving your desk at lunchtime, leaving the bike at home and driving instead, skipping that run with friends after work? Give yourself a gift, and make time to be physically active with #ActiveAdvent
How do I take part?
1. Download the #ActiveAdvent challenge sheet and save it to your computer.
2. Think about how active you are at the moment.
3. Set a goal: how active do you want to be during December?
4. Open the advent doors to get inspired!
5. Record your activity each day.
7. At the end of the challenge, complete the form and press submit.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Monday 6th January 2020
What’s in it for me?
· Apart from all the incredible benefits listed below, by submitting your form you will be entered into a prize draw to win one of three Fitbit Fitness Trackers.
· PLUS, this year, we’re giving away weekly prizes to those who post photos of their activities on our Facebook or Twitter. These include a Riverford Organic Christmas Gift Box or Veggie Box, Family Theatre Tickets and John Lewis vouchers!
What are the benefits of being physically active?
1. Improved physical and mental health
2. Help to maintain a healthy weight
3. Better sleep
4. Helps you manage stress
5. Improved quality of life
6. Increased productivity
7. Helps you solve problems
8. Improves concentration and ability to learn
In general, the more time spent being physically active, the greater the benefits.