1. Information for businesses relating to COVID-19 – including links to the latest UK Government guidance – can be found on BCC’s website here.
2. The UK Government has announced its package for the self-employed – the Self-employment Income Support Scheme; find out how to claim here.
3. Read how parts of Bristol’s business community – for example hotels offering their rooms as workspace – is adapting to current circumstances here.
4. Visit the FSB’s regularly updated Coronavirus Advice & Guidance Hub here.
5. Through its Eagle Lab initiative, Barclays are staging a range of free to access virtual events and seminars in the coming days and weeks. Topics include Cyber Security, Mindfulness and Growing Your Business With Data – click here for full details. And for anybody who is at home with the children over the next few weeks, there’s the free-to-access Code Playground, designed to help kids get to grips with the basics of coding; more here and, via YouTube, here.
6. And this article lists 20 learning apps for stir-crazy kids.
7. Enterprise Nation are continuing with their themed Lunch and Learn webinars (between 12pm & 12.30pm) to give small businesses a boost and offer some advice: Accessing Loans on Tuesday 31 March, book here; Lead Your Company Through COVID-19 on Wednesday 1 April, book here; Staying Productive When Working From Home on Thursday 2 April, book here. Also, Enterprise Nation have partnered with Crowdfunder to enable small businesses to pre-sell services now to help trade through the Coronavirus crisis; find out more here.
8. The Ways2Work employment support network’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage is full of resources for those involved in helping people find work; view it here.
9. In light of the COVID-19 situation, Bristol Media are compiling positive news and a variety of offers of support to help businesses and individuals through these testing times; click here for more. Bristol Media are also offering free advertising on their Jobs board for local businesses who are offering a short-term or freelance role for people working within the creative industries (until the end of April, perhaps longer depending on how the situation progresses).
10. Bristol Pound will be running an online information and networking session on the theme of Financial support in the time of COVID-19 on Friday 3 April (10am-11.30am); more here.