Ways2Work website relaunch
Established by Bristol City Council, the Ways2Work website looks to build a network of employment and training organisations to work together to fill skills shortages in Bristol, and get our residents into work.
Ways2Work works with partner organisations to ensure a joined up route to sustained careers for Bristol residents, as well as supporting our local employers to thrive.
The website has recently been relaunched, and it features a range of employment support, including a help directory, recruitment advice and COVID-19 support.
- The UK Government has announced that business owners affected by the pandemic will be protected from eviction until the end of March 2021. The move is a final extension following two previous ones; read more on the GOV.UK website
- The work of Watershed as a social enterprise over the course of the pandemic has been recognised at a special event. Read the article on the Watershed website
- Trading Better Online offers free expert business support for SMEs to grow their digital presence and online sales. The programme helps SMEs increase engagement with customers online, develop a digital marketing strategy, adopt a customer relationship management system and support to sell products online. Request a call-back from the West of England Growth Hub to find out more.
- A pilot Export Academy scheme has been introduced to support smaller businesses begin their exporting journey. It will deliver a series of activities that will build your capabilities, creating a new cohort of confident businesses ready to trade. This pilot programme is designed for owners and senior managers of businesses. To qualify your business must have a turnover of up to £500,000 and be located in the Midlands, North of England or the South West of England. Find out more on the Business West website and register today.
- We are consulting on Council Tax options for next year (from April 2021-March 2022) and we would like to hear your views on the different options. Have your say by completing our online survey
- Read about how much Bristol’s tech sector, now with an estimated 430 companies employing more than 8,000 people, has grown.
- Be the Business have produced a financial recovery guide outlining the steps a business needs to consider in the wake of the pandemic.
- View things to do in Bristol this Christmas, courtesy of Destination Bristol.
Subscribe to the Bristol Business newsletter.