This information was sent to Ways2Work by another organisation. For more details please use the contact details or links in the post below.
I’d like to share some further Census 2021 updates and thank you for your continued support in Bristol! As mentioned last week, we are now in the “Action” phase – the live website and Contact Centre are now active!
· On Wednesday I was interviewed live on BCFM’s One Love Breakfast Show by Pat Hart where we chatted and took questions about the new questions on gender identity , sexual orientation and enhanced options to record nationality and ethnicity. These questions have been carefully worded to gain the best possible data for the size of specific communities and therefore better meet the needs of society once results are aggregated. I will be back on the Show in the immediate run-up to Census day (date TBC). To hear the interview – go to the One Love Breakfast Show recorded 03/03 here:
· Interview with Pat Hart and myself starts about 9.07am for 15mins or so.
· Eastside Community – Up Our Street Spring newsletter featured an interview with our Black African Community Adviser Obed Ababio. Read all about it here – some great stats on our Lawrence Hill and Easton communities: https://eastsidecommunitytrust.org.uk/get-involved/communications/up-our-street-magazine
· The Pigeon Magazine featured an article on Census 2021- https://www.the-pigeon.com/e-pigeon
· Mowleed Farah – our Somali Community Adviser has recorded a video in Somali outlining the importance to his community of completing Census 2021 and how to complete – if you would like this just drop us a line or click here https://vimeo.com/518964462/b726c86f09
· Mowleed will also be appearing on BBC Somali Radio this Sunday (7th) !
· Bristol City Council have been sending out various Census articles in their internal Comms plus via a number of physical newsletters and e-bulletins. Yesterday (4th) census was featured in the Coronavirus and Citizen Info & Advice which reaches 52,000 of us!
SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE:
Our Bristol Census Twitter accounts are now up and running so please feel free to tag us and retweet our content !
@BristolCensus1 – Jason John -Inner Bristol
@BristolCensus2 – Stefan Edwards- Outer Bristol
@BristolCensus – Abdirahman (Mowleed) Farah – CA – Somali Community
From this week ‘digital first’ households started receiving their household access code for the electronic questionnaire.
· Anyone will be able to complete their questionnaire as soon as their code/pack arrives and many already have- remembering that the data they are supplying is for the capture date of 21st March. Please feel free to encourage your clients that they can complete once they have an access code Link here: https://census.gov.uk
· The further 13% of households will receive a paper questionnaire in the first instance. But anyone can complete online or request a paper version.
· N.B. Please see our one page document with a link to our Help the Helpers Guide which you may find useful to aid census completion with some of your clients.
Over the coming weeks I will be sending out further updates that you are free to share with your contacts. These will include details of the support available to complete the census, accessibility, support centres and frequently asked questions.
Here is a link to our downloadable resources section but please be aware that we will be frequently updating this with further resources in the coming days. https://census.gov.uk/downloadable-resources/
Can I please encourage you all to continue to promote the census via your communication channels, whether this is in newsletters or social media- feel free to contact me to request any Social Media posts. Despite the unusual circumstances we find ourselves in with the pandemic, let’s make Census 2021 a real success with the maximum response rate that we can!
“The Census benefits everyone and everyone counts!”
Keep in touch:
- Register for email updates about Census 2021 and/or other areas of ONS
- Access census information for community partners and local authorities
- Follow @Census2021 on Twitter