Careers in the Health and Care Sector
Working in the health and care sector doesn’t just mean doctor or care assistant (although these are both options with huge potential and increasingly in demand). See the National Careers Service Healthcare webpage for career options ranging from clinical psychologist, colour therapist and counsellor to medical illustrator, microbiologist and midwife.
Proud to Care
Proud to Care is recruiting. Bristol City Council, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset have united together to bring the urgent COVID19 recruitment campaign.
The Health and Social Care sector need a wider workforce during this challenging time to safeguard the vulnerable across the three local authorities.
The COVID19 campaign can be found on each of the Proud to Care websites:
There is no need for an application or CV, you just need to answer 5 quick questions and submit.
Guidance for Working in Care
Further information about how the care sector is responding to the COVID 19 crisis can be found from these websites:
- Care Quality Commission
- Skills for Care
- Government COVID 19 guidance on infection prevention and control
- Government COVID 19 guidance on residential care, supported living and home care
- Government COVID 19 guidance (15/04/20) PPE Plan
- Government COVID 19 guidance (15/04/20) Action plan for Adult Social Care [pdf]
- Public Health England guidance
- Care Provider Alliance
- Care England – Quick Links