Online employability courses for disabled adults
WECIL is offering a short, bite-sized online employment course that focusses on helping people prepare for work/volunteering/getting further education.
We have two courses starting shortly:
- Starting on Thursday the 1st of October from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Meeting once a week for 6 weeks.
- Starting on Monday the 5th of October from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Meeting once a week for 6 weeks.
If you think this course would be useful to anyone you are working with, you can fill in this form with their consent or they can fill it in themselves: https://bit.ly/wecilworkingtogetheronline
If these next dates are not suitable but they would be interested in knowing about future courses, they can fill in this shorter form: http://bit.ly/workingtogethercontactme
The course is for:
- Those aged 18 or over
- Identify as having a long-term health condition or disability (including mental health issues, dyslexia, etc.)
- Are facing barriers to gaining employment
- Live within the South-West (BANES, Bristol, South Glos etc.)
There are no other eligibility criteria.
The areas we cover are:
1. Reasonable Adjustments in work and the Access to Work scheme.
2. How to disclose your condition/disability to an employer and when to do it (Positive Health Disclosure)
3. How to build/tailor a CV
4. How to build a Cover Letter and Volunteering
5. How to write a job application and in-work behaviours
6. How to prepare for a job interview, next steps/course completion.
During this course, there will also be the option to have some 1:1’s with the tutor to discuss your current situation and receive some support with applications.