1. The UK Government has published a code of practice to encourage commercial tenants and landlords to work together to protect viable businesses during the coronavirus pandemic; more here.
2. Read the Food Standards Agency’s checklist to support food businesses in reopening safely during COVID-19 after a period of inaction here.
3. Bristol is now the best city in the UK outside London for start-ups; read more here.
4.Enterprise Nation are hosting a virtual meet up for small businesses in Bristol tomorrow, Wednesday 24 June (10am-12pm); book here.
5.HMRC are running webinars on the extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and flexible furloughing, with the next available scheduled for Thursday 25 June (11.45pm-12.45pm); book here.
6.UWE Bristol’s new 1m Digital Innovation Fund will make available to SMEs in the West of England grants of between 10 and 40K to match 35% of an applicant’s project costs. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 8 July. Find out more here, and you can book a short meeting with the Fund’s lead here.
7. Bristol Festivals is inviting people with all kinds of skills and experiences to support a not-for-profit festival organisation over the coming months. It may be that you’ve been furloughed and have a passion for Bristol’s festivals scene; perhaps you’re a web-developer, or an accountant. Perhaps you are neither but you have unexpected time to spare and have skills to use. Whether you’d like to give 1 hour or 10 hours, you could make a huge difference in this challenging climate. Please complete the form here to let Bristol Festivals know who you are, what you can do, and how much time you would like to volunteer.
8. Bristol Dementia Action Alliance (BDAA) aims to make Bristol the UK’s most Dementia Friendly City. Among other things BDAA can offer visits to business premises and provide a dementia awareness guide; see attached or click here and here for further information and upcoming free-to-attend seminar.
9. View a list of local independent cafes providing takeaway coffee here.