- Voscur is helping coordinate city-wide volunteering efforts, from new neighbourhood Facebook groups to pre-existing organisations. By talking to each other and sharing resources and knowledge, we can make sure volunteering is as efficient and safe as possible. If your group or organisation can offer help locally, please let Voscur know and we’ll share your offer. Meanwhile, if your organisation needs help, you can send us details here.
- Our list of funding opportunities and emergency grants is growing all the time – today we added Arts Council funding, but we also have details of grants closer to home, like Quartet Community Foundation’s small grants fund.
- Voscur has launched an employment rights briefing, covering HR issues such as sick pay, self-employment, furlough, childcare and redundancy.
- Charity Bank has created a Resource Hub, and has also published a response to COVID-19 from social investors, offering support to the VCSE sector.
- Voscur training is now online and free
Voscur has arranged for training courses to be delivered online, meaning you can continue to learn whilst social distancing and staying at home. If you were booked to attend a course, you will have been emailed with any changes. Our courses are running free of charge until the end of April, to support the VCSE sector during this time. The first of several new online free courses, Running Online Meetings, is open for bookings. This course will support participants who want to work remotely, and it will give you a useful introduction to online meeting software, minute-taking, and much more.
Jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Are you looking for a new challenge, or do you need to expand your organisation? The jobs pages on our website are viewed over 13,000 times each month, making them a great place to find new people for your team.
- A selection of the most recent jobs (paid and voluntary) are featured in these weekly bulletins, which go out to over 1,800 contacts who work in or with the voluntary and community sector.
Publish your job advert or event
- All recruitment advertising is currently free of charge. To follow social distancing guidelines, please consider telephone or virtual interviews rather than face-to-face job interviews at this time.
- The events calendar was viewed over 32,000 times in the past year. It’s free to list events – bear in mind any events taking place in the next few weeks will need to be held online only (for example, live-streamed to Zoom, Facebook or Twitch) in the current climate.
- For more about Voscur’s other work, including membership benefits, consultancy, training and advice, please visit our website
Upcoming Voscur online training
Running Online Meetings
Tuesday 31 March, 2pm – 3:30pm
This online course will support people who want to work remotely and move their meetings online for the first time. The course will help you choose appropriate software, schedule and invite people to meetings, facilitate online meetings and minute and upload documents.
Suitable for: Anyone new to online meetings
Basic Bid Writing
Friday 3 April, 2pm – 4pm
This online course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to write a small funding application. It can be hard to get funding, and even small bids can present a challenge if you aren’t sure of the right approach.
Suitable for: People who are either new to bid writing or who have done a little and would like additional skills.
Being a Good Board Member
Wednesday 29 April, 6pm – 8.30pm
This online course will provide you with basic information and an understanding of what a trustee is, their legal obligations and their role and responsibilities within an organisation.
Suitable for: New and existing board members or trustees.
More dates for your diaries
Other courses next month which we are hoping to run as online courses instead include Funding Strategy (Wednesday 29 April). Please sign up to the waiting list to show your interest in taking part.
Click here for more training courses and events for April and May 2020. We will continue to review our course delivery and keep courses online for as long as is necessary to meet government and Public Health England guidance.
If you feel there’s something missing from the programme, or you’d like to arrange bespoke training for your organisation, get in touch today