WECIL are offer a short, bite-sized online employment course that focusses on helping people prepare for work. During this course, there will also be the option to have some 1:1’s with Anthony Hearn to discuss your current situation and receive some support with applications etc. The next course starts on Monday 20th July at from 1:30pm-3:30pm and will run for 6 weeks.
The areas we cover are:
1. Reasonable Adjustments in work and the Access to Work scheme.
2. How to disclose your condition/disability to an employer and when to do it (Positive Health Disclosure)
3. How to build/tailor a CV
4. How to build a Cover Letter and Volunteering
5. How to write a job application and in-work behaviours
6. How to prepare for a job interview, next steps/course completion.
- The course is for those aged 18 or over.
- Identify as having a long-term health condition or disability
- Are facing barriers to gaining employment
- Live within the South-West (BANES, Bristol, South Glos etc.)
If you think this course would be useful for you or anyone you are working with, then please do fill out this form to register your interest. We will then be in contact with you to book you a place and also help you get set up online – http://bit.ly/workingtogethercontactme
Please feel free to contact Anthony Hearn for more details or to apply.