I asked you all a while ago to send a couple of paragraphs (more, if helpful) on how Covid-19 had changed what you do to help people into or towards work. Only a few special people have responded so far (and I am very grateful for these) which will give council managers an idea of what is happening but nothing like a full picture of our sector. It is at this stage that we need to start thinking of what happens afterwards, so an idea of now is useful. Can I ask again for those of you who haven’t done it yet, whether you can send me something? Useful stuff would include:
- Is your organisation still active/hibernating/furloughing/operating on reduced staff?
- If still active, what has changed? Offering on-line/by phone/tutor support or self-guided learning?
- How are your clients/customers responding? Are many just not responding to any attempts to contact?
- How much of an issue is lack of technology or data?
- Is there anything more that W2W can do to help (no promises, mind!)
- Anything else that might help us when we consider moving forward into the future new normal?
- If you are one of those who have replied, I’m quite happy to receive any update you wish. I need to start on the report very soon.This sector will be essential to help people and I’d like to give a more balanced report to our senior council managers.