Further steps that are being taken to ensure the safety of our remaining critical workers and the community, during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The safety of the community we operate in and our remaining workers on Site is of paramount importance. We are listening and adapting to feedback to help us improve wherever we can and we are closely following Government and Public Health England advice.
The new steps follow a wide range of measures already put in place, including a very significant reduction in numbers on site. Today’s extra steps will help to limit contact between the site and the local community. They are as follows:
Site workers using local accommodation will now be housed at Hinkley Point C’s two Campus sites.Bus pick-up stops used by HPC workers in Bridgwater will no longer be used from Monday. All buses will instead collect and return passengers to our three secure park and ride locations where social distancing measures are being supervised. Pick-ups from village locations outside Bridgwater will be phased out as quickly as possible.
Meanwhile existing measures remain in place:
- Reduction of numbers from more than 4,000 to around 2,000 workers, allowing us to better enforce social distancing.
- Body temperature checks at site gates, plus thermal imaging cameras being installed.
- Extra buses to reduce the number of workers using each bus.
- Enhanced cleaning of buses, canteens, building handrails, door handles, desks, eating areas, welfare facilities and toilets.
- Floor markers and changes to seating to distance canteen users from each other.
- Meeting rooms converted to additional areas available for breaks to give extra space
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Hinkley Point C.