This information was sent to Ways2Work by another organisation. For more details please use the contact details or links in the post below.
Groundwork are accepting referrals for the IMPACT programme, which starts in January 2021 and runs for 24 weeks until mid- June. You can refer people into the programme on an ongoing basis between now and April.
What is IMPACT?
IMPACT is a completely free service. We provide a relaxed and friendly environment to support refugees and migrants to build their confidence and gain useful skills for life in the UK. We offer three strands in the project, and are currently running the programme online via Zoom and over the phone (I’ve attached an image so you can see how we are running activities online):
- English Conversation sessions: Weekly sessions with our ESOL Tutor to practice conversational English in a small group (max. 6-8 participants) at a similar language level. Monthly one-to-one sessions with our ESOL Tutor to reflect on your learning so far.
- Preparation for work: This includes weekly workshops where we meet experts and learn about their professional journey and weekly group employment skills sessions. We also offer one-to-one employment advice and support over the phone/Zoom.
- ‘Create and Communicate’ sessions: Weekly workshops bringing people together and practising English through relaxing crafting and creative activities, often inspired by nature. We also run a fortnightly women’s only space to enable women to meet with, talk to and support other women with a cup of tea and a few activities thrown in there as well!
Who can I refer?
Participants must be over 18 years old. Our funder’s requirements are that participants must have leave to remain in the UK. However please note that UK Nationals are not eligible for the programme, and EU Nationals are only eligible if they have applied for EU Pre-settlement/ Settlement and were originally from a non-EU country. If you want to refer someone and are unsure whether they would be eligible, please do get in contact with us to discuss this.
How can I refer?
You can refer via our online referral form. Alternatively you can complete the attached referral form that can be returned to: ImpactBristol@groundwork.org.uk We will then get in touch with the person you have referred to us to register them for the IMPACT programme and sign them up to sessions that would suit them.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact if you have any questions about the programme. We are keen to work in close partnership with referral partners, so please do also feel free to get in contact to discuss how we can best work together with your organisation.
- Email: ImpactBristol@groundwork.org.uk
- Asia Yousif, Senior Outreach Officer (Mon, Tues, Fri): 07736 132450
- Zoey Ayling, IMPACT Delivery Manager (Mon- Fri): 07734 605303