IMPACT is running free service to support refugees and migrants to build their confidence and gain useful skills for life in the UK. We offer three strands in the project, and are currently running the programme online via ZOOM:
- ‘Create and Communicate’ sessions: Weekly workshops bringing people together and practising English through relaxing crafting and creative activities, often inspired by nature. We also run a fortnightly women’s only space to enable women to meet with, talk to and support other women with a cup of tea and a few activities thrown in there as well.
- Preparation for work: This includes weekly workshops where we meet experts and learn about their professional journey and weekly group employment skills sessions. We also offer one-to-one employment advice and guidance over the phone/Zoom.
- English Conversation sessions : Weekly sessions with our ESOL Tutor to practice conversational English in a small group at a similar language level.Monthly one-to-one sessions with our ESOL Tutor to reflect on your learning so far.
Who can I refer?
- Participants must be over 18 years old and living in Bristol or South Gloucestershire.Our funder’s requirements are that participants must be non-EU nationals with leave to remain in the UK. People with UK citizenship would not be eligible.If you want to refer someone and are unsure whether they would be eligible, please do get in contact with us to discuss this.
- We are now open for referrals for our current programme which runs until mid- December. The deadline for referrals to the current programme is 30th October. However please do continue to refer people to us after this date, as will then be running the programme again from January 2021.
How can I refer?
Please complete our online form. You can also find attached a referral form that can be returned to: ImpactBristol@groundwork.org.uk We will then get in touch with the person you have referred to us to register them for the IMPACT programme and sign them up to sessions that would suit them.