This information was sent to Ways2Work by another organisation. For more details please use the contact details or links in the post below.
What is Wheels to Work?
Funded through the Department for Transport, Wheels to Work can provide:
- £100 discount on buying a refurbished bike
- Up to 1 month of mTickets/ paper bus vouchers
- £80 off a bike service (NEW OFFER)
- Bike maintenance courses (NEW OFFER)
- Personalised Travel Planning
To be eligible, the individual must live in Bristol, be over the age of 16, and be one of the following:
- Seeking work (or a change in employment if earning under the living wage)
- In need of help to travel to a work or skills opportunity such as travel to interviews, open days, jobs fairs, courses, training, work placements, apprenticeships
- Starting the first month of a new job
How can my client apply for Wheels to Work?
Individuals can either apply directly online or can apply through one of our partner organisations. To apply directly they can visit:
https://travelwest.info/wheels-to-work-west/applications (scroll down to Bristol and the form is embedded)
Alternatively, you can join as a partner organisation (https://travelwest.info/wheels-to-work-west/partner-organisations) which means we provide you with mTickets/ bus vouchers to give out directly to your client. This can speed up the process for your client as removes a couple of steps in the process.
If you would like to partner, please get in touch! Our scheme will be running until June 2021 (and hopefully beyond!).
We also run the scheme in BANES, South Glos and North Somerset, though the offers vary: https://travelwest.info/wheels-to-work-west.