This week’s Items of Interest:
1. The free-to-attend quarterly Bristol Workplace Transport Forum returns to the Arnolfini, Narrow Quay BS1 4QA on Thursday 13 February (10am-12pm). As well as a chance to network, attendees will hear presentations from Bristol Green Capital, Energy Saving Trust and Bristol City Council. Click here for more information.
2. View a list of family-friendly half term activities, courtesy of Visit Bristol, here.
3. Businesses in the Redcliffe and Temple area of Bristol are invited to a talk hosted by the proposed Redcliffe & Temple Business Improvement District (BID) on Tuesday 18 February (5.30pm-7pm) at Barclays, Counterslip BS1 6BX. The talk will be delivered by Colmore BID, who will share how they have transformed their area of Birmingham; register for the event here.
4. A Business West workshop entitled Driving Traffic to Your Website takes place on Tuesday 25 February (12.30pm-4.30pm) at Leigh Court BS8 3RA; more here.
5. UWE Bristol’s international talent summer internship scheme is due to launch later this month. The scheme provides local employers with the opportunity to take on international students (maximum of two per company) for short term work internships. A retroactive salary subsidy is attached to each internship. You can find out more at a webinar on Wednesday 26 February (11.15am-12pm) – register here, and post any questions you may have prior to the webinar here.
6. Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) are gathering information on the skills gaps and training needs SMEs face in the West of England, now and as we move forwards into a new decade. This is a great opportunity for employers operating in every sector to demonstrate their needs for future skills provision and help to shape future delivery in the region. The deadline for receipt of contributions has been extended to Saturday 29 February; take the survey here.
7. The SJL Foundation charity is giving start-up owners across the country a chance winning a grant of 2k and access to a mentorship programme. Finalists will pitch to a panel of judges and an audience of invited guests at the Houses of Parliament in June. Deadline for entries is Monday 2 March; more here.
8. Do you have a great tech business idea but don’t know where to start? Or are you unsure what to do next in order to grow your technology company? Then sign up for the free-to-attend #Idea2Pitch event on Tuesday 10 March (1pm – 5pm) at Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street BS5 6AW to help hone your ideas, and shape them into a pitch for gaining support in your venture; apply to attend here. The event is hosted by SETsquared Bristol.
9. Applications are now open to join the Natwest Entrepreneur Accelerator Programmme starting in April. A six-month programme for entrepreneurs with high growth businesses looking to scale up, it’s fully funded and provides 1:1 coaching, access to business mentors, access to tech and legal advice, along with bespoke events and meet-ups. Entrepreneurs can also get access to office space, with Wi-Fi and printing included.
10. Submerge, between Sunday 1 and Tuesday 10 March, is a multi-artform festival of theatre, music, installation, sound and digital art, clubs, talks and workshops taking place at venues across Bristol; full details here.
11. On behalf of the West of England Combined Authority (WECA), Travelwest is seeking views on bus services, cycling and walking in the West of England. Two consultations are open till Sunday 15 March for the region’s Bus Strategy and Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure plan; more here.
12. Take a look at Innovate Bristol Volume 1 here.