The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Bylor are recruiting a Document Controller to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Purpose of the role:
The Document Controller is responsible to perform document control functions for BYLOR and support the Quality Manager to implement the document control system.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Perform registration, dispatch, filing and archiving of formal documents in Bylor’s & Client’s EDMS
- Follow-up and expediting the construction execution documents, quality records, client’s returned comments.
- Assist in the compilation and indexing of quality records (Certificates, Life-time quality records, hand-over reports) at stages of the Project,
- Quality checking documents for compliance (format, completion, signatures..), tracking reviews & approvals, controlling all disciplines checks required for compliance to project requirements and prior to issuance into the Clients’ EDMS.
- Perform registration, track review & approvals within Bylor, issue and track in Client’s system project deviations (Request for Information, Field Change Requests, Non-conformances, observations). Assist in controlling & following deviations until closure and capturing in the handover reports.
- Coordinating with Bylor Internal teams, Suppliers and Client the documents/quality records from issuance to acceptance
- Tracking completion of handover files
- Train Bylor, Suppliers and Client’s staff on document control requirements, processes and use of Bylor’s EDMS tools.
- Ensure system improvements established are properly implemented;
- Be Document Control’s point of contact for the Bylor teams and Suppliers
- Liaise with the Client’s Document Control staff on minor day to day document control issues.
- Inform the Quality Manager of issues, adjustments and improvements required in the supporting means such as templates, registers and EDMS tools, which require administrator rights.
- Allocate document numbers to ensure formal documents are uniquely and correctly identified, and that associated metadata is correctly allocated and captured.
- Implement and monitor EDMS workflows to ensure always the correct version at the point of use;
- Control obsolete documents (superseded and cancelled);
- Provide weekly, monthly, progress reports and other reports as required.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative, is tenacious and be passionate about quality and continuous improvement
- Have attention to detail and appreciate the importance of accurate record keeping and conforming with project procedures
- Take ownership of your work and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communications skills and be able to provide training and guidance to people from all backgrounds and all levels of seniority, from site workers to director level
- Ensure that teams receive the necessary assistance and appropriate processes are being followed
- Be a good listener and work well with others
- Be familiar with tablets and mobile technology
- Be able to quickly learn new software, and show others how to use it
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Desirable (but not essential)
- Previous experience in information management / document control
- Previous experience on a major project
- Existing knowledge of a digital records system or document control system
- Problem solving and logic-based troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this job please visit hpcjobsservice.edfenergy.com.