This information was sent to Ways2Work by another organisation. For more details please use the contact details or links in the post below.
The Women’s Work Lab bespoke classroom training and work placements focus on building confidence, ambition and employability skills. We specialise in unlocking potential and laying the foundations for a brighter future. Outcomes for participants include new careers, positive role modelling for their families and communities and the creation of a vital support network.
Applications for our Bath programme in May 2021 are open. We are keen to reach out to as many community groups as possible to hear from women who may be interested in taking part. Typically we work with mums who have experienced barriers to work such as lone parenting, domestic abuse, poor mental health or children with additional needs.
There is plenty of information on our website.
The main points you need to know are:
· Free 12 week part time programme (see table below for breakdown of activities and dates)
· We are open to mums who have been out of the work place for a year or more and are currently in receipt of Universal Credit (or comparable benefits).
· Applications welcome from across B&NES providing mums can get to the Hub for the training.
· We are expecting applications from mums with school age children but if they do have younger children they are very welcome so long as they can sort their own childcare (the job centre are happy to support this via the flexible support fund).
· Travel expenses provided for the training (via the job centre) plus travel and lunch for the volunteer work placement.
· We are recruiting 15 women onto the first cohort.
· Mums can apply via our website www.womensworklab.co.uk
· Applications close Friday 5 March.