WECIL is running online course for disabled adults and we have just announced the next blocks of sessions. We offer a short, bite-sized online employment course that focusses on helping people prepare for work.
The areas we cover are:
- Reasonable Adjustments in work and the Access to Work scheme.
- How to disclose your condition/disability to an employer and when to do it (Positive Health Disclosure)
- How to build/tailor a CV
- How to build a Cover Letter and Volunteering
- How to write a job application and in-work behaviours
- How to prepare for a job interview, next steps/course completion.
The course is for:
- Those aged 18 or over
- Identify as having a long-term health condition or disability (including mental health issues, dyslexia, etc.)
- Are facing barriers to gaining employment
- Live within the South-West (BANES, Bristol, South Glos etc.)
- During this course, there will also be the option to have some 1:1’s with the tutor to discuss your current situation and receive some support with applications.
Our next courses shall be starting on
- Thursday 1st of October from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and will run for 6 weeks (every Thursday for 6 weeks).
- Monday 5th of October from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and will run for 6 weeks (every Monday for 6 weeks).
If you think this course would be useful to anyone you are working with, you can fill in this form with their consent or they can fill it in themselves: https://bit.ly/wecilworkingtogetheronline
If these next dates are not suitable but they would be interested in knowing about future courses, they can fill in this shorter form: http://bit.ly/workingtogethercontactme