We Work for Everyone is a valuable programme set to support people with a learning difficulty/disabilities in finding, securing and maintaining paid work.
Launching on 15 February 2021, led by Bristol City Council, the programme is a partnership between the areas of Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset and North Somerset, with the West of England Combined Authority and the Department of Work and Pensions.
We will utilise local provisions, driven by a delivery model that is underpinned by a single ‘Menu of Opportunity’ which is set to support 2444 service users, with each participant receiving guidance from our Navigators on a 1 to 1 basis.
The purpose is to identity suitable career pathways that are linked with specialist local provisions that signposts to the right service for them.
The We Work for Everyone project will:
- Offer an individualised programme to support people with a learning disability to access the labour market, and identify pathways to help them obtain employment.
- Provide intensive 1 to 1 support to identify suitable career pathways and signpost to specialist services, including bespoke models of provision aimed at people with learning disabilities.
- Strengthen the work with service users, schools, employers and parents / carers.
- Work with people with a learning disability to retain employment by ensuring ongoing support once in employment, and working with their employer to meet both the employer’s and the employee’s specific needs.
- Identify and embed models of effective practice with internships and supported employment.
- Raise awareness of the contribution which people with learning disabilities can make to employers.
- Develop a Quality Standards and commissioning framework for specialist employment support, for the West of England area.
- Establish a sustainable model of support which can continue long-term across the West of England LEP area.
Contact us by email or visit the Ways2Work Twitter for updates, both linked below.
Please include your name, address, telephone number and email address when contacting us.
As this is a new service, there may be short delay after you are registered with the programme, but you will contacted by a Navigator to arrange an initial diagnostic as soon as possible.