- The Office for Civil Society has issued new guidelines on volunteering during lockdown.
- Bristol City Council has a range of public consultations open, including the Traffic Clean Air Zone options, the future of Jubilee Pool, and a survey to inform the Bristol Belonging Strategy for children and young people.
- St Monica Trust’s Winter Support Fund is open for applications. The fund will be running for the rest of this year, with bids reviewed on a fortnightly basis.
- Wessex Water has recently opened the new Wessex Water Recovery Fund to support local projects strengthening our communities during the coronavirus pandemic. The Fund is open until 4 December 2020, and applications are managed by Quartet Community Foundation.
- Our list of funding opportunities and emergency grants is changing all the time, with grant deadlines varying. Don’t miss out. For help and advice with your applications, please email email@example.com or call 07904 099136.
Upcoming Voscur online training
Thursday 12 November, 1pm – 4pm
Project management tools can make the difference between your project succeeding with flying colours, and being delivered late and not to the expected standards. This basic course will give you an overview and helpful tips and tools that you can utilise when delivering both small and larger projects. We will cover planning, delivering, managing and evaluating a successful project.
Suitable for: New Project Managers, Project Co-ordinators and any staff who would like to learn more about project management methodology.
Six part course, Wednesday 18 November – Wednesday 3 February, 6pm – 8.30pm
This NEW course is a step by step guide to starting up or developing your idea for social change whether you want to start a charity or social business. Each session can be attended as a stand-alone or booked in a discounted block of 3 or 6 sessions building to a full course. The Learning and Development Team at Voscur will bring their range of expertise and experience to various aspects of this course. Sessions can be booked separately and include; making an impact, business planning, engaging customers, balancing the books and working with others.
Suitable for: For those starting up or developing an idea for social change whether you want to start a charity or social business.
Tuesday 8 December, 12:30pm – 2pm
Increasing numbers of funders are willing to give grants for core costs, but making the case for this is a different job to applying for project funding. This lunchtime session will give some tips on how to put a core funding case together, and what sort of funders to apply to.
Suitable for: Trustees and staff with fundraising experience
More dates for your diaries
- Click here for more training courses in the months to come. If a course is fully booked, you can sign up to the waiting list.
- Voscur’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Thursday 26 November, 4pm – 5:30pm. Here are three reasons to Join us: Voscur is offering a free course to all members who attend, we have an exciting keynote speaker, Louise Mitchell, Chief Executive of Bristol Beacon, and finally a condensed version of one of our popular workshops looking at managing change within your organisation during the pandemic will also be delivered as part of the AGM.
- Employment Law – Tips and Trips: Join Bristol Trustee Group and Voscur for the third in a series of webinars aimed at trustees or potential trustees of charities and community organisations. This training session will take place on Tuesday 10 November 2020 between 1-2pm. The session will be led by Luke Menzies, employment lawyer and CEO at Menzies Law.
- If you feel there’s something missing from the programme, or you’d like to arrange bespoke training for your organisation, get in touch today.
Job Vacancies from Voscur
Policy & Information Officer at Voscur
Casual Tutors at Bristol City Council: Community Learning
Learning Support Assistant: Arabic speaker at Bristol City Council: Community Learning
Office Co-ordinator at The SWAN Project
Team Leader – Education, Employment and Training Services at 1625 Independent People
Reducing Offending of Children in Care Practitioner at Bristol City Council
Project Co-ordinator – Ground & Gardens and Splinters at Brandon Trust
Project Coordinator for Common Ambition Bristol at Brigstowe
Educational Facilitator at Hope’s Place
Grants Fundraiser at One25
Voscur Trustees at Voscur
Tree Aid Translator at TREE AID
Social Activities Buddy Up Volunteer for Person with Learning Disability/Autism at Luv2meetU Bristol (Hft)
Trustee at Empowered Lives
Local Brand Champion (Christmas 2020) at Bankuet
Retail Shop Volunteer at Oasis Hub North Bristol
Chair of the Board of Trustees at Broken Chains UK
Volunteer Fundraising and Events Assistant at Changes Bristol
Walk Leader at Southmead Development Trust